DIY Heart Shaped Tea Bags For Mother’s Day
As Mother’s Day is coming up, we wanted to share a lovely DIY gift idea with you that will brighten up your mom’s day. These heart-shaped tea bags are proof that sometimes the simplest creations are the cutest.
Surprise your mom by brewing a cup of tea with this heart-shaped tea bag filled with her favourite tea. Just follow these step-by-step instructions to create your individual tea bag.
Gift your heart-shaped tea bag together with a personal greeting, some nice flowers – either real or made of paper – and Bonny Evaporated Milk, which gives her favourite tea a mild and creamy flavour.
What you need
• Tea filters
• Needle and thread or sewing machine
• Tea blend
• Coloured cardboard
• Heart Template (Download here)
How to make it
1. Place a tea filter in front of you and draw a heart on it.
2. Cut out the heart so that you have two hearts (front- and back side). Sew together the two sides and leave approx. 2 cm open to fill the bag. The stitches should be small enough to prevent the tea from falling out of sewn up bag.
3. Put the funnel into the opening of the tea bag and fill with the tea blend. You may have to push the blend through the funnel using a closed pen. Close the filling opening with a few stitches, by hand or using a sewing machine.
4. Next make the tag for the tea bag. Cut a rectangle out of the coloured cardboard (size approx. 6 x 2 cm) or use our template and fold it in the middle. For a more personalized gift, you can write the name of the recipient or a name for your tea blend on the tag. Attach the cord at the edge of the tea bag and at the tag with a few stitches.