Ramadan is a good occasion to spend more time with your family, to strengthen your faith and connection with your loved ones. Bring your family together and try our activity ideas.
1. Prepare food together. Besides spending time with those you love it will also enhance your time management. Everyone in the family can do a job, even the youngest. They can help you to collect the ingredients you need or set the table. The older ones can even help you with the cooking.
2. Engage in religious activities together, e.g. read the Quran, go to the mosque or pray. Choose which activity can be enjoyed together and encourage your family to participate.
3. Make a good deeds list with your children and put them into practice together. Try to accomplish at least one of them each day. Examples include donating old toys and clothes to those in need or reading a bedtime story to a sibling.
4. Organise Iftar parties for your kids with sweets, games and storytelling. Your kids will have fun and build spirituality at the same time.
5. Bake sweets together and gift them to neighbours, friends and teachers. It will make them smile. Choose one of our easy to prepare treats.
6. Participate in some Ramadan crafts with the kids, e.g. make a Ramadan countdown calendar and fill it with a sweet treat for each day. Start with our chocolate chunk cookies.